Am I the best?
YES.
The winning pair

Link to the victory:
http://www.solecollector.com/forums/sc-custom-contest-2008-finals-results-t870276.html
I hate to reiterate since I practically posted this everywhere on the internet but I just had to say it one more time that I won the Sole Collector Custom Contest Finals 2008!!! I was SOOOOO surprised! I thought I had a chance at winning but never actually thought I would take the crown considering I was going up against some extremely talented sneaker customizers that have so much more experience than me. It feels so crazy! Almost like winning the lotto. I went into this whole customizing sneaker business because I loved sneakers and I loved art. I simply put the two together and I've been in love with the combination ever since. I actually think I've earned some respect in the custom sneaker world now and it feels really nice after doing this for nearly 4 years to finally be recognized by some custom veterans even though I only know them online. I honestly don't think this custom sneaker thing will ever become a legitimate source of income, and I only do it because I love it, and if people will pay me to do something I love that just makes it all the more sweeter. Regardless of whether I make money or not off of it, I'm gonna keep at it because it's fun, I love doing it, and nothing will ever beat a pair of 1 of 1's baby!!!
"Art is what you do for yourself, design is what you do for other people."
I can honestly say that custom sneakers are something I do for myself.
Obama's Inauguration Day, and a HUGE accomplishment for me...Today is definitely a day for the memory books...One dream accomplished, a million more to go...
...rain
No comments:
Post a Comment