
For the first time in United States history a black(well half black) man has become president! But ethnicity has nothing to do with this election in my opinion. The tallying of these ballots symbolizes America's desire for change. All I can say is while listening to McCain's gracious concession speech and Obama's acceptance speech on the way home from Costa Mesa, I felt almost a sense of euphoria come over me. All I could do was stare at the cities around me (since the drive home from Costa Mesa is uber far) and just feel nothing but optimism for the country, pure and utter positivity that kinda sent a few chills up my spine (as corny and stupid as that may sound). I normally don't care much for politics, but the way in which Obama delivers his words in his speeches is really powerful. The constant repetition of that newly coined phrase, "Yes we can." just felt good to hear(although I don't know if it was the cadence of his voice or the content of his speech that struck me the most). All I can say right now is hopefully this man will live up partially to the expectations he has set for himself. Running for president is one thing, running a nation is a whole nother ball game. I'll end my political banter here assuming that everyone's minds has already been oversaturated with all this election insanity. I feel glad to have participated in what everyone has been calling the "critical election" and going into that poll and punching in my little black ink dots never felt so empowering(even if everybody says one person can't make a difference). If you haven't deciphered who I supported yet, let's just say I was "pro-bama"
Well besides that, I've decided to start a blog! I have alot of free time nowadays to sit and do nothing but ponder, so I figured why not. I used to blog all throughout middle school and the beginning of high school anyway. Even if nobody even reads this crap, I guess it will serve as a sort of "electronic diary" and allow me to just talk to myself. hahaha.
...rain
No comments:
Post a Comment